During the summer whenever I get a sweet tooth, which is almost never BUT, I always want to find something that is still fresh and light. A huge bar of chocolate or some ice cream could possibly solve the problem but most of the time that’s just not what I’m craving. Usually my craving can only be solved by this delicious dessert called Taffy Apple Salad…
So, lets dive in…
What you’ll need:
- 4 apples cubed
- 1 large can pineapple chunks in heavy syrup drained (save juice)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups cocktail peanuts
- 8 ounce container creamy Cool Whip
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
What to do:
- Mix together juice, vinegar, sugar, egg and 1 tablespoon flour.
- Cook until mixture comes to a boil and is syrupy.
- Strain to remove any lumps then cool.
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Thats it! One of my favorite desserts and always a hit!
xo – blondie