I don’t necessarily have a sweet tooth. I know, you may be asking, “but you’re so sweet, blondie, how can you NOT have a sweet tooth??”. Oh, shucks. Well, I do have a weakness. It just happens to come in the form of a little bar of heaven called a Butterfinger. Yum. I found a delicious recipe for Homemade Butterfinger Bark from Cookies and Cups, I needed to share it and make a little batch for myself.
- 5 cups candy corn
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 20 oz chocolate for melting, divided in half
How to Make
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Melt 10 oz of chocolate over double boiler or in microwave,according to package directions.
- Spread the melted chocolate on the foil lined baking sheet, approximately 11″x15″. Don’t worry too much about the exact measurements, you just want it to be a thin layer.
- Place baking sheet in fridge to chill quickly, about 10 minutes.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt your candy corn, 1 minute and then stir, then in 30 second increments until melted, stirring after each 30 seconds.
- Immediately stir in peanut butter. Mixture will be very thick. Use those muscles!
- Spread it on top of chilled chocolate.
- Place this back in the fridge for another 20 minutes, until chilled.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and spread it on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Chill again at least 20 minutes.
- Cut into triangle shaped pieces.
xo – blondie