SURPRISE, remember when I started this thing and said you’d be lucky if you got a post from me on a weekend?! Well, this is one of those momentous occasions. Today, I am blogging because my WONDERFUL friend Nicolette from That Girl Nic, nominated me for a Liebster Award.
According to We Loved Here (who I think explained it perfectly) … “The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.”
I’m blushing, THANKS NIC! You’re the best. For those of you who don’t know, Nicolette has been one of my best friends since freshman year of college. It was basically love at first sight and we’re totally the same person, really though it’s scary sometimes. She’s my rock, my snuggle bug, my cute animal crying partner, and keeps me smiling even when I don’t feel like it. So, cheers to you Miss Nic!
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
- Post the award on your blog, thanking and linking the blogger who presented you with the award.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Find 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers who you believe to be deserving of more attention than they’re getting!
- The award presenter asks 11 questions which you will answer. You then ask your nominees 11 questions, and so on.
SO, without further adieu…
11 Random Facts about Blondie:
1. I have no pets, but desperately want a dog. Like, more than I want a job.
2. I have a younger brother who goes to school and lives in Chicago. He’s my superhero and makes me want to live every day as my best self.
3. I love to paint my nails, and have to repaint them immediately if they chip.
4. Cotton Candy ice cream from Handles is my absolute favorite and really the only “sweet treat” I like.
5. I have an obsession with shoes and handbags. No, really. You can catch me browsing almost every day for new ones.
6. I’m a vegetarian. For six years now. All because of the book Fast Food Nation. Hence why all my recipes on Thursday Fat-Day are meat free!
7. I adore with all things Kate Spade.
8. I REALLY want to work in fashion/beauty PR when I grow up (because that hasn’t happened yet, I’m convinced).
9. I cherish my friendships and family most in this world.
10. I’m a princess. I even have a few tiaras to prove it.
11. My favorite scent is Paris Amour from Bath & Body Works.
Questions from That Girl Nic:
1. If you could pick one useless super power, what would it be?
Judge me if you want, but ever since The Pokemon Move, I have always thought it would be super cool to bend spoons with my mind.
2. Biggest pet peeve?
JUST ONE? Let me see… When people are late/inconsiderate of other people’s time. My time is precious and if I’ve chosen to spend it with you, you BETTER be on time and make it worth my while. /endrant
3. Coke or Pepsi?
Neither. I don’t like pop (yes, I said POP). I would much rather suck down a fresh squeezed juice or some soy milk!
4. What’s your favorite joke?
Also one of my mom’s favorites… “Why did the monkey fall out of the tree? Because it was dead.” AND several other fairly inappropriate ones.
5. What is your favorite YouTube video?
HAHA Two Hamsters One Wheel. Watch it and prepare to cry laughing.
6. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
Easy. Miss Congeniality. orrrr Transformers. Either one and I’d be happy for eternity.
7. What is your biggest fear?
8. What’s the one thing you never leave the house without?
Burt’s Bees. I feel lost and confused if I don’t have it with me.
9. Favorite book?
I really don’t have a favorite. I love books. Right now it’s probably Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me. Hilarious book. But one of my favorites of all time is P.S. I Love You. Read the book before the rights for a movie were even sold about mmmm 12 times.
10. Have you ever been in a car accident?
Who hasn’t? Let’s be real..
11. You can travel through time, but only once. When/where do you go?
I’d be happy with any time from the 20’s-early 40’s. To be able to see The Ziegfled Follies, Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Frank Sinatra… My heart be still! Not to mention the fashion of the time, oh darling it was fabulous.
AND NOW, my nominations for Liebster Award go to… (drum roll please):
**note: some of you may have more than 200 followers, but I think you deserve to be recognized regardless
- Fashion Tribulations
- The Proper Pinwheel
- Concrete and Honey
- Life’s Little Jems
- With Style & Grace
- Cubicle Refugee
- Make Something Happy
- Mademoiselle Antoine
- PolkaDotSunday Beauty
- Nicole Mikolich // Blog
Here are my questions for MY set of nominees:
1. What is your favorite animal?
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
3. You can pick one person in history (living or dead) to have a drink with, who is it?
4. What color nail polish are you wearing?
5. Were you named after anyone?
6. What is your favorite cereal?
7. Scary movies or happy endings?
8. Do you have a special talent?
9. What is your favorite item of clothing and why?
10. What would be your dream vehicle (bikes, cars, boats, batcar and millenium falcon allowed)?
11. What is your favorite sound?
Whew! That was a fun post. Congrats to my nominees! 🙂
xo – blondie