With summer just around the corner and the weather already beautiful as ever, it seems to be harder and harder for me to find fattening foods that look appetizing to me! My summer time palette enjoys fresh foods, veggies, fruits, the works. So my choices will most likely be reflecting that. Hey, it’s my blog and I’ll do as I please!
Today’s tantalizing treat comes to us from Miss Martha Stewart herself. It’s a delicious looking 8-layer dip that I personally am DYING to try!
– 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
– 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
– Coarse salt and ground pepper
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1/2 cup grated cheddar (2 ounces)
– 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles
– 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
– 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced small
– 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
– 2 scallions, chopped
– Tortilla chips, for serving
In a medium bowl, combine beans, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons water; season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a serving dish. Top with sour cream, cheese, chiles, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, and scallions. Serve with tortilla chips.
Thats it! Super easy! Even the most untalented chef (yours truly) can do this. This recipe serves four so if you’re having more guests, obviously you’ll want to make more because this will be flying off the table!
xo – blondie