If you’re anything like me, you can’t resist a good Oreo cookie. I used to eat them all the time when I was younger, and some of my favorite memories are the times when my dad and I would break out the cookies after dinner and devour a row or two (okay, maybe three). Obviously my girlish figure can’t quite take that anymore but that doesn’t mean I can’t cheat a little and enjoy a few every now and then!
This DELICIOUS concoction is an Oreo Rice Krispie Treat courtesy of Chef in Training.
– 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
– 20 regular Oreos (chopped)
– 5 cups mini marshmallows
– 3 tbsp. butter
– White chocolate (for the drizzle)
1. Spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, pour measured Rice Krispie Cereal.
3. Chop and mash Oreos. You can do this by putting them in a ziplock bag to help keep the mess under control. You want the Oreos to be a variety of sizes from chunky to finely crushed.
4. Add Oreos to Rice Krispy cereal and stir to combine.
5. In a medium sauce pan, heat butter and marshmallows together over medium heat, stirring constantly, until they melt together.
6. Pour melted marshmallows over cereal and oreos and use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to quickly combine all the ingredients.
7. As soon as all the cereal is combined, spread mixture into the prepared 9×13″ dish. Use the spatula to press the mixture around the dish, and flatten as needed.
8. Let sit until completely cooled. NOTE: When the rice kris pie treats and cooled I drizzled mine with some white chocolate and let it set until it hardened for a pretty finish.
Happy baking, loves! Until next time…
xo – blondie